Oxford Street in London’s West End is one of the most famous shopping streets in Europe, it’s also said to be one of the busiest. Its 548 shops are packed into Oxford Street’s mile and a half (two and a half kilometres) length.
Famous shops on Oxford Street include: Selfridges – the second largest department store in the UK, John Lewis – the third largest department store in the UK, Marks & Spencer – the company’s largest store, Debenhams, House of Fraser, three HMVs – its shop at 150 Oxford Street is Europe’s largest music shop, New Look, Schuh, Topshop, Primark, Zara, Gap, and Niketown London. The Plaza Shopping Centre and West One Shopping Centre are also on Oxford Street.
Oxford Street shopping information
- Oxford Street Bank holiday opening and closing times – West End London Many of the shops on London’s Oxford Street alter their opening and closing hours on Bank holidays. Find out more here.
- Oxford Street shopping guide – London West End Oxford Street in London’s West End contains around 548 shops – find out more here with our useful guide.
- Oxford Street London in photos Photos of Oxford Street shops and stores in London. Take a tour.
- Oxford Street shops list A list of the shops and stores on Oxford Street in central London, UK. Includes opening times for Primark, Zara, Boots and more.
- Oxford Street opening and closing times – West End London Opening and closing times for Oxford Street’s shops in London’s West End.
- Oxford Street Christmas opening and closing hours – West End London The shops on Oxford Street in London’s West End change their opening and closing hours at Xmas. Find out more here.
Oxford Street address, postcode and contact details
Oxford Street tube station lies near the centre of Oxford Street.
Its address is: Oxford Circus, Westminster, London W1.
Oxford Street is part of the A40. At its east end it begins at Marble Arch, where there’s a tube station. It ends, to the west, at Tottenham Court Road, where there’s also a tube station. Oxford Circus lies near the middle of Oxford Street – it’s where Regent Street cuts through Oxford Street.
Contact details: New West End Company currently promote Oxford Street.
For more information on how to plan your trip to Oxford Street contact email@example.com or telephone 020 7462 0689.
Oxford Street facts and figures
If Oxford Street was a covered mall, it would contain more shops than any mall in the UK – only the MetroCentre in Gateshead comes close with its 342 shops.
But Oxford Street is not an isolated site, like many shopping centres. Oxford Street is part of London’s West End – the largest shopping district in the UK – with 6,600,000 square feet (608,000 m²) of retail space spread across Bond Street, Oxford Street, Regent Street and nearby streets. To put this into perspective – it’s said that the combined size of the four largest shopping centres in the UK is 653, 163 m².
And for your reference, Harrods in Knightsbridge, London, is the largest department store in the UK. MetroCentre Gateshead, Bluewater Dartford, Westfield Merry Hill Dudley and Westfield London are the four largest malls in the UK.
Please note: Oxford Street is huge – so before travelling please contact the shops you want to visit to check that they’ll be open etc.